Sunday, January 14, 2018

Winner, Winner, Chicken... Sandwich: McDonald's Classic Chicken Sandwich

(Just a quick blog this week while I get back into the swing of things.)

I love fried chicken sandwiches. It’s a go-to comfort food for me. The first one I ever ate would have been a McDonald’s chicken sandwich from back in the 80s, when they were introduced. So when I heard McDonald’s had introduced a new item called the Classic Chicken Sandwich, I had to try it.


Since the original sandwich is still on the menu as the McChicken Sandwich, this is actually a new sandwich, and it’s pretty good. The McChicken has mayonnaise and shredded lettuce on it, which is why when I make a chicken patty sandwich at home, I put a ton of mayo on it. 

This one is more reminiscent of their Southern Chicken Sandwich from several years ago, which, in turn, was similar to Chick-Fil-A’s basic chicken sandwich. That one had butter and pickles on it. This one replaces the butter with their relatively new Signature Sauce, but retains the pickles. I believe they introduced the Signature Sauce last year with their breaded chicken tenders. I liked the sweet and tangy sauce then, and I like it on this sandwich just fine.

While it’s not the classic chicken sandwich of my youth, nor is it the southern chicken sandwich I enjoyed, I think this may be a new go-to chicken sandwich at McDonald’s for me. I like the others that they make, but sometimes I just don’t want that much stuff on my sandwich. I like the McChicken (although I hadn’t realized it was still on the menu until today) but I also like the sauce and pickles.

The one I had the other day tasted good, and except for the thin end of the chicken—which was a little overcooked—it was moist and flavorful, and just the right size. There was enough sauce and pickles to add flavor, but not enough to overwhelm anything else. I would definitely order this sandwich again.


Any recommendations for other chicken sandwiches I might enjoy? Let me know in the comments, and I will see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment