Sunday, February 3, 2019

Taking a Break

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I wrote about rededicating myself to this blog, but I think I need to take a break for a bit. Because it looks like Rumplestilskin is sick.

He might just be a little sick. He might be very sick. Or he might be very, very sick. 


Right now, we’re doing some testing to see what’s going on. As I write this on a Saturday, he has an ultrasound scheduled on Monday. Hopefully, that will give us some answers.

He might have IBS. If that’s the case, and we can treat him for it, I will feel a lot better. Although he really hates getting medicine. Last year, I wrote about how Rumplestilskin had grown more affectionate towards us over the years. My wife and I worry that if we have to give him medicine every day, we’ll lose the trust we’ve built up. But, if he needs medicine, that’s what he’ll get.

He might have lymphoma, and that scares the poop out of me. Penelope died from small-cell lymphoma, so just hearing that word from the vet sends my brain to the worst place. I’m trying to tell myself not to borrow trouble, but when Penelope got sick, they kept saying, “It’s probably not cancer,” over and over again. Until it turned out it was cancer.

So for the time being, I don’t feel like setting a blogging schedule for myself. I am having trouble writing when my head is filled with a constant background noise of “My cat is sick.” 

Also, my scanner isn’t working. It’s so old that it’s no longer compatible with my computer’s operating system. That affects me scanning pages of the comics I wanted to blog about. So there’s also that.

Hopefully, it won’t be too long of a break. I’m pretty sure I’ll be back before too long, but right at this second, trying to write a blog entry every week or so is more than I feel able to handle. 

Please keep an eye on my Instagram (@RumpleDumple) or subscribe to my RSS feed here, so you can see when I resume posting.

Until then, take care of yourselves, and take care of your loved ones.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment