Sunday, April 8, 2018

What's in the Box?!? Funko Star Wars Smugglers Bounty April 2018

This past week has been frustrating for a number of reasons. There’s the general atmosphere of the world around us, which just depresses and upsets me. Then there have been more than a couple of personal frustrations, both at home and at work. On the other hand, my wife has been trying a new job from home, and it looks like it might be starting to pay off. And today, we had my car washed at a student fundraiser to raise money for a local high school’s robotics club. I felt good about that. 

Overall, though, I’ve been feeling pretty stressed out. I took an extra day off from work, which helped a little. I’ve also been retreating into my happy place a bit, which—as you can probably guess from last week’s entry—is Star Wars right now. So when I got a text from my wife the other day that the new Funko Star Wars Smugglers’ Bounty box had been delivered, I was pretty excited.


This month’s theme is Endor. I really love the Endor parts of Return of the Jedi, and I’m not ashamed to admit that I love the Ewoks. So I was already looking forward to this box, based on the theme.


Once again, the box didn’t include the top flap hiding the contents and presenting a pin and patch. Nor did it include a card describing the contents and teasing the next box. (Honestly, since Funko is getting out of the subscription box business, I thought this was probably the last Smugglers Bounty box anyway. Turns out there’s at least one more, based on the upcoming movie Solo, but it’s only available to existing subscribers.)


I know some fans would prefer these boxes don’t include things like socks, but if you follow my Instagram, you know I love socks. So this pair, featuring the Imperial shield generator on Endor with the Death Star above in the night sky, was right up my alley. I think they look really cool, and I applaud Funko not taking the obvious decision to make Ewok socks. 





Each Funko Disney Treasures box came with a Mystery Mini figure in a collectible tin box. This Smugglers Bounty box came with another attractive tin box, but considerably larger than a Mystery Mini. The box itself featured a nice, stylized painting of Endor, including the Ewok village, an Ewok, and an AT-ST. But what was inside?


At last! An Ewok item! This adorable mini plush is getting clipped onto my Captan America backpack.

While this box did not come with a pin, it did include a patch. Featuring Wicket the Ewok, this was the second of the two Ewok items in the box.


The final item was the biggie: a Scout Trooper Pop! Deluxe with Speeder Bike. As i understand it, Funko’s license does not allow them to produce anything that can be called an actual vehicle. So when they do, it needs to be part of a “Pop! Deluxe.” And all Funko Star Wars figures need to have a base with the logo on it, to distinguish them from other licensed figures. 


Whatever you call it, this looks great. It’s another fantastic addition to the other exclusive Pop! Deluxe figures that have come with previous boxes, like Luke in his landspeeder, Han Solo on his tauntaun, and Poe Dameron in his X-Wing. 



And that’s it for this month. Not a huge number of items, but the Scout Trooper Pop! is really nice, and I love the socks.


Do you have a favorite item from this month’s box? Please let me know in the comments, and I will see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment