Sunday, October 22, 2017

What's in the Box?!?: Loot Crate Marvel Gear+Goods for October

I don’t blog about it enough—because sometimes I just feel like opening up a box without photographing every single item—but I really enjoy Loot Crate’s Marvel Gear+Goods box. This month’s box, featuring the Defenders, was pretty cool, and I was able to actually photograph everything, so let me show you what I got!


The outside of the box looks the same as always, but it’s what’s inside that counts.

One thing at least two of the Defenders have in common is that both Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones have offices. So the other theme this month: office supplies.



The first item out of the box is a Luke Cage Sweet Christmas coffee mug. We have a lot of coffee mugs in our house, but this one is pretty nice. The box has some nice art on it as well.


Next up: a Daredevil desk tray! The truth is, I had seen this revealed online at some point, and then completely forgotten about it. But take a look at this!

It’s so cool! Right now, my desk is a complete mess. Being able to display this on it is more than enough incentive to clean it up, though.

Of course, there’s a pin, this time of Bullseye. It’s a nice pin of a character I don’t have any real interest in. Still, nice pin.


Perhaps one of the more unique items is a box of Elektra paper clips. 

They’re shaped like her sais! Needless to say, I won’t be using these for anything that will actually be leaving my desk.


There’s also a nice faux-leather-bound Alias Investigations notebook. Under the cover is a notebook with a Jessica Jones illustration on the cover. I need a new notebook for work, but, of course, I forgot to bring it in to work with me.

The final item is a set of file folders that I thought were absolutely gorgeous. They are black with silver printing on them. The set includes four folders, one for each of the four Defenders, and the categories on the tabs pretty much correspond to the characters. Luke Cage, Hero for Hire, is on the Billing & Invoices folder. Iron Fist (billionaire Danny Rand) is on the Investments folder. Lawyer Matt Murdock’s superheroic alter ego Daredevil is on the Legal Documents folder. And P.I. Jessica Jones graces the Open Investigations folder. 




The contents information card says that three sets of the folders were signed by the actors from the Defenders. Sadly, I did not get any of those folders, but they still look pretty keen.

The insert card shows that all the items are exclusive to this box. The reverse of the card is Wilson Fisk’s arrest record. 


Finally, the inside of the box is very nicely designed, featuring the Defenders, along with a couple of other favorite Marvel street level heroes like Moon Knight and the Punisher.


This box is another winner from the Marvel Gear+Goods subscription. What item caught your eye? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment